Once Upon a Fairytale


ONCE UPON A FAIRYTALE

MANY YEARS AGO

THERE WAS A DARKNESS THAT ENGULFED HER LIFE

SO BLACK SHE DIDN'T KNOW....



Tuesday 13 September 2011

9/11 10 year tribute

I wrote this poem on the morning of 12th September 2001 - when we in Australia woke up to the horror that had taken place in New York.

I was on holiday in Mitchell, outback Queensland and had no television, computer or radio.... and to be honest I'm glad I didn't... otherwise I probably would have sat glued to it for hours watching and rewatching and traumatising myself in the process.

TERRORISM
Another day is dawning
as we wake upon this morning
and we're full of life and hope of what's to be
then we hear about the horror
many will see no tomorrow
in that land of freedom, hope and liberty

We're all shocked and stunned undoubted
God's laws have all been flouted
how can man commit such crimes against another
many thousands have been slaughtered
someone's sons and someone's daughters
sisters, brothers, husbands & wives, fathers and mothers

I fear that this will get much bigger
that these actions are a trigger
for an anger that's been bubbling deep within
as we retaliate with fury
and call for judge and jury
What has happened?
What have we seen just begin?

My thoughts and prayers are with those who lost loved ones in the attacks on 11th September 2001 or in any of the attacks/battles/wars since that have come about directly or indirectly as a result.

No comments: