Once Upon a Fairytale


ONCE UPON A FAIRYTALE

MANY YEARS AGO

THERE WAS A DARKNESS THAT ENGULFED HER LIFE

SO BLACK SHE DIDN'T KNOW....



Friday 19 August 2011

MELTING THE ICY HANDS AROUND MY HEART

I've spent years now writing poetry
about the life that I have lived
of how the trauma has affected me
and the damage that it did

Now you may think from what you're reading
that my life was really bad
and indeed it was for many years
when I never could be sad

If the trauma isn't dealt with
and the feelings are not felt
then the icy hands around one's heart
are impossible to melt

There have been times throughout my life
when things happened and I'd smile
I looked like I was happy
I even fooled me for a while

But smiling doesn't mean I'm happy
and crying doesn't mean I'm sad
I did both these things to protect myself
all I ever felt was BAD

Now there are times when I'm connected
and a smile comes from my heart
and the tears come from the pain within
and I no longer live apart!!

No comments: