Once Upon a Fairytale


ONCE UPON A FAIRYTALE

MANY YEARS AGO

THERE WAS A DARKNESS THAT ENGULFED HER LIFE

SO BLACK SHE DIDN'T KNOW....



Wednesday 17 August 2011

PASS IT ON

....and following on from the last poem....

I gave to her the space
that she could be just who she was
I know the pain she carries
and I don't need to know the cause

I know enough from my own life
to know her pain runs deep
I have no need to fix her
So I'll just sit and let her weep

She came to me with grateful heart
She wanted me to know
How deeply she was thankful
I said "I'm glad it's so"

I didn't do it for her
I just sat and let her be
She cried and talked and cried some more
she needed to be free

If we can give another
the opportunity to be real
without advice and judgement
This is how we all can heal!!

No comments: